ISA Seeks Nominations for Deep-Sea Research Award
The International Seabed Authority is mandated to promote and encourage the conduct of marine scientific research in the Area and to coordinate and disseminate the results of such research.
In line with this, the Secretary-General’s Award for Excellence in Deep-Sea Research is intended to recognize and encourage the achievements of young researchers from developing countries who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of scientific knowledge of the deep-sea environment or to the development of environmentally sustainable regulatory frameworks.
Nominations and applications must be supported by two sponsors and should be received no later than April 29, 2020.
- Cash Prize: USD $4,000;
- Cost of attendance of Awardee to 26th Session of ISAʼs Assembly (July 2020) covered;
- Cost of participation of Awardee to one ISA workshop on matters of expertise covered;
- Cost of publication fees of an article written by Awardee in scientific journal (open access journal) covered.
Nominations should consist of the following documents:
- A letter from the nominator summarizing the research and outlining the national or international significance of the work submitted. The letter should not exceed 750 words;
- The curriculum vitae of the candidate;
- Any publication derived from the research undertaken;
- Two letters from sponsors outlining the type and impact of the research carried out by the nominee and attesting to its significance and quality.